My blog is reader-supported. Articles may contain affiliate links.
Are you looking to start a blog but not sure what to blog about? Do you also want to find a great blog niche that you can money?
Yes, choosing the right blog niche can be difficult, regardless of what life experiences you have.
You may have a lot of questions, like:
- What should I blog about?
- How do I make money with my blog?
- How do I find the perfect blog niche?
- If my blog topic idea is not a popular topic, should I still start a blog about it?
I would bet these were the same questions that every successful blogger started with asking and look where they are.
If you have just started your blogging journey, you have probably heard the advice:
- You have to be an expert and passionate about your blog topic
This is not necessarily the whole truth. Because there are thousands of blogs that when a blogger started blogging about their chosen topic, they were not passionate nor an expert in that topic but are now making money with their blog.
How Do I Make Money with a Blog?
The secret to making money in your chosen blog niche topic is:
- Help a targeted audience solve a problem
And you make money by giving people the solution to their problem by having your own product and/or service, someone else’s product and/or service (affiliate marketing), sponsored ads, etc.
How Do I Find the Perfect Blog Niche?
Hey, don’t worry, my 150+ blog niche ideas will get you started on finding the perfect blog niche.
Additionally, once you have figured out your blog niche topic, head on over to my step by step guide on how to start a successful blog so you can move forward on your blogging journey.
This tutorial shows you everything you need to know to create a blog from scratch and keeps you from making the mistakes most beginners do.
What are the Most Popular Types of Blogs?
- Fashion Blogs
- Food Blogs
- Travel Blogs
- Lifestyle Blogs
- Fitness/Health Blogs
- DIY Blogs
- Personal Finance Blogs
- Parenting Blogs
- Pet Blogs
- Gaming Blogs
All of these blogs are very popular and profitable.
But you don’t have to start a blog on one of these topics to make money blogging as there are so many other blog topics that are profitable, too.
In a few paragraphs above, I gave you the secret to making money with a blog, and that information will help you find your profitable blog niche.
Can I Have More Than One Niche on my Blog?
Yes, you can.
Many blogs will have cross-niches.
A few examples would be:
- Parenting – budgeting -recipes
- Fitness – healthy eating
- Home – RV’ing – technology
- Family – decor – DIY
- Your local area – things to do for families – restaurants – museums – off the beaten path attractions
150+ Profitable Blog Niche Ideas
To make money with your blog, you need to attract targeted, high-converting traffic to your articles/products/services and other content.
Therefore, you need to start by knowing who your target audience is and:
- What people want from you (articles-how to’s/ informational, videos, products, services, etc.)
- What people need from you (explain how to solve their problem)
Once you figure out the wants and needs of your target audience, you can create the kind of content they are looking for to help them.
To make it easier for you, I have broken down broad niche topics with the sub-niche topics.
Alternative Medicine (7)
- Chinese or Oriental medicine
Alternative medicines have been around for hundreds (some thousands) of years. There are many micro-niche topics relating to the mind, body, diet and herbs, external energy, and senses that a targeted audience can learn more about and/or help their well-being.
- Small animals – gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, pygmy hedgehogs, rabbits, chinchillas, rats, mice, ferrets
- Animal Rescue
- Farms – chicken, goats, pigs, etc.
- Fish and Aquarium
Whether you have a pet or live on a farm, talking about their care (through the different stages of their life), grooming, behavior, medical/vet care, training, the food they can and not eat, insurance, toys, gift ideas, or traveling with your animal would make for a profitable blog niche.
In 2019, consumers in the U.S. pet industry spent 95.7 Billion (yes, I said Billion) and 2020 is estimated at 99.0 Billion. This is a huge niche with a lot of sub-niches worth looking into if you are an animal lover.
Teach Software Programs (8)
- After Effects
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
If you are a wiz with any popular software program or application, you could teach beginners the “how to’s, tips, and other information to help them get the most out of their software program.
MakeUp/Skin Care/Hair Care (10)
- Skincare for Acne
- Makeup Tips – for age group, skin tone, etc.
- Healthy hair tips
- Specific hair care – curly, short, long, straight, thinning, thick, etc.
- Skin care products/routines
- Skincare for men
- Skincare for age group – 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, etc.
- Skincare for a specific condition
- Anti-aging skincare
The beauty industry is a multi-billion dollar business.
What products to use or not use, eating for healthy skin, or supplements, etc are very much searched for topics.
There is a lot of competition in this area, so you may need to come up with an idea to set yourself apart.
- Taking outdoor/indoor photos
- Stock pictures
- Black and White
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. By creating a blog in this niche topic, you can help your audience “see” the thousand words (and more).
If your first love is photography, start a blog teaching the ins and outs of taking great photos, which camera and accessories to use, how to using editing software, etc.
Also, if you take professional-like photos with your mobile phone (like iPhone), you could create a blog to teach people the how-tos, which apps to use, etc.
Photos create a moment when time stands still.
- Metal Art
- Kids crafts
- Minimalistic Art
- Floral Arrangements
- Recycled items
Oh, the list can go on and on! There are so many different crafts that people love to learn and/or buy. Just take a look at the craft section on Etsy.com
- College life – tips for soon-to-be students
- SAT – study tips
- Computer programs – how to’s
- Graphic design/video editing tips
Homeschooling has become a huge topic. Many people are looking for information so they can start to homeschool their child(ren).
College life is another great topic. Your journey could start when you are in high school and help people with all the information they need before they even go to college.
- Concerts – virtual, in-person, etc.
- Movies – in theaters, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
- Book reviews
- Free things to do with kids
- Local festivals
- Star trivia/quizzes
- Top-ten lists
Movie theaters took a huge loss in 2020, which made many other venues in greater demand.
If you have festivals starting back up in your area, you could blog about them.
Top-ten lists are also a big hit with people. There are many top ten lists you could create with books, movies, or free things to do with kids.
- Specific information about your faith/religion
- How to read (and understand) the Bible
- Share the Word
- How to build a personal relationship with the Lord
- Teaching faith/religion to children
With many different religions/faith, you can teach others about yours.
Help them learn forgiveness for themselves and to others, healing from loss, and find the spirituality in their soul.
- What to expect
- Common health issues
- High-risk pregnancy
- Money-saving tips
- Baby Showers
- Women’s perspective while pregnant
- Men’s perspective when significate other is pregnant
- Natural birth
- Cesserian section birth
- Multiple Birth
Many “mom blogs” start out their journey while they are pregnant and continue on after the birth of the child(ren).
- Small children
- Terrible Twos
- Raising twins (or triplets)
- Raising a special needs child
From breastfeeding (or not to), your journey on raising your child(ren), the trials, tribulations, and finding time to sleep and take a shower (or bath).
Blogging about your journey can help other parents who are (or will be) dealing with all the joys of parenthood.
- Decorating on a budget
- Living with adult children
- Parent(s) living with you
- Living with roomates
Home is where your heart is.
Blogging about your home lifestyle can cover many different topics and these above are just a few. These topics are becoming more and more searched for and would make a great profitable topic.
- Starting a family
- Empty nesters
- Becoming parents
- Raising a special needs child
- Dealing with difficult family members
- Budgeting – first house, new baby, holidays, etc.
- Dealing with adult children
Starting a family blog would most likely be what many people call lifestyle blogs.
With a family blog, you could write content about: day to day living, quick meals you make, vacations on a shoe-string budget, tips to save money, how you are teaching your kids about ____________ (fill in the blank), and much more.
All people have trials and tribulations in their family life, let me see they are not alone, and how you managed to solve a problem in your family dynamics.
- Non-gender specific
- Types of outfits for work, casual, special occasion, formal, weddings, prom, etc
- Dresses – for every season
The list can go on and on for fashion blogs. Because there are so many different topics (high-end, budget, dress for success, etc) you can use in a fashion blog, it is one of the most popular types of blogs.
Personal Finance (8)
- Saving Money Lifestyles – frugal living, minimalism, homesteading, urban thrift, retiring young, cash only living
- Money Saving tips/tricks – budgeting, couponing, DIY, debt management, travel saving tips
- Loans – refinancing/mortgages/Student loans/payday loans/debt consolidation
- Retirement Planning
- Credit repair/build
- Investing stock/precious metals/bonds/investment education and tutorials/real estate
- Debt – bankruptcy, consolidation, repayment, management, handling debt collectors
- Insurance life/health/disability/homeowners/boat/car/pet/long-term
The personal finance niche is a very broad topic. Thousands of people have money problems/questions and are looking for solutions. A successful blog in this niche can be very profitable.
- Strength Training
- Body Building
- Working out with kids
- Working out at home
The fitness blog topics are also another big niche. There are so many different types of fitness programs that you can create blog posts/videos about for your audience. The fitness/sport niche can also be a cross-niche.
- Cooking for a large family
- Cooking for two
- Cooking for one
- Teach someone to cook
- Cooking for/with kids
- Crockpot cooking
- Air-fryer cooking
- Cooking for specific health condition
- Diets – mediterranean, paleo, vegan, low-carb, zone, atkins, keto
- Ethnic cooking
- Budget meal planning
- Healthly eating
- Cake decorating
- From scratch
There is a huge market for all types of food blogs. Many of them are very profitable: from recipes to planning budget meals, people will always look for cooking/food recipes and information.
- Video game tutorials – tips, tricks, hacks and strategies
- Popular games tips and tricks
- Card or board games
- Indoor games (not video games)
- Outdoor games for adults/kids
You could create a blog about the video games you play and your tips, tricks, hacks, and strategies for them.
Even indoor and outdoor games for kids and/or adults could be a very profitable blog niche.
- Ways to Celebrate
- Gifting Ideas
- Fun and weird holidays
- Religious holidays
Celebrations! Who doesn’t love to celebrate holidays? After 2020, everyone is looking for things to celebrate. Sure you can blog about the normal holidays we celebrate but teach people about the weird and fun holidays that take place every single day.
Starting a weird and fun holiday blog, you would not have a problem finding a blog topic for any day of the year as there is a “holiday” every single day and most days have multiple “holidays”.
Your Local Area (12+)
- Attractions for couples
- Off the beaten path
- Family attractions
- Traveling with kids attractions
- Local hangouts
- Art Galleries
- Best places to eat
- Best places to camp
- Best places for pet owners
If you live near a tourist/vacation spot (or have gone to the same one many times), you can create a blog about all the points I listed above. Living near a tourist/vacation spot gives you great knowledge on helping people get the most out of their vacation.
There are so many stores/hole-in-the-wall places that vacation destinations have, but may not have the money to advertise. You can share them with your readers.
Health (Body and Mind) (13+)
- Caretaker for someone with a medical condition
- Living with a disease
- Surviving a disease
- Eating disorders
- Autism Spectrum
- Caretaker for someone with a mental disorder
Every day hundreds (if not thousands) of people are looking for information on medical conditions and mental disorders.
They may even be looking for first-hand accounts.
Many people don’t want to talk about their disorders to strangers.
I completely understand that.
But if you feel that tracking your journey would help you, then please go ahead and track your journey.
You are not alone.
Military Life (4)
- Life as a spouse
- Transition to military life – what to expect at boot camp, AIT, duty stations, etc.
- Transition to civilian life
- ASVAB – what it is, study guides, etc.
Military life is different than civilian life even though most people don’t think so. Blog about being married to a service member and the different life that is, what boot camp is like, what to expect when enlisting or help a young adult explain to his parents why he/she want to serve in the military.
Meet Lauren, she created a blog years ago about her journey as a military wife and mom.
- How to play an instrument
- Produce beats
- How to mix music
Share your own work, write about others or teach people how to play an instrument.
- Gardening – herbs, vetetable/fruit, butterfly, container, flower, water, or organic
- Bird Watching – teach how to create a bird habitat at-home, care and maintance for the space, gift ideas, guides, and gear needed
- Landscaping – Designs and tips for special needs, low budget, formal, or informal
- Cycling/Mountain Biking
- Horseback riding
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- National Parks
- Life/Survivable Skills
- White water rafting
- Stand-up Paddleboarding
- Astronomy (star gazing)
- Camping – RV’ing, tent, travel trailer, car/SUV, glamping, festival
The great outdoors! There is so much you could blog about in any of these niches. I couldn’t even begin to name all the topics about each one.
If you have knowledge about any topics for people to do outdoors, find your audience and show them the love you have for your topic.
Personal Development (7)
- Confidence boosting
- Achieve goals
Personal development has been gaining ground in the blogging arena.
A popular personal development blog is zenhabits.net
Help your readers reach a happier life with tips and suggestions.
- Dating – tips and guides
- Marriage – tips to keep a relationship together
- Divorce – where to find legal advice, self-care, kids and what they go through, where to find child support help, etc.
- Death – learning to cope with the passing of a loved one
Relationships! We all have them. There are so many different topics you could write about to help your readers. Your life experiences may help someone else when they are looking for information/advice when they are dealing with their relationship.
- Time and To-Do
- Other Special Events
People love planners to keep them on track. If you have a flair for design you could create digital planners to sell to your target audience.
Social Networks (3)
- Beginner’s tutorials – explain basics on the different social networks and how they can help them
- Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter celebrities – who they are and how they became a celebrity.
- Master a social network – teach people how to use a social network to boost their business or build a business using it.
If you know the outs and ins for a social network platform, teach others how to use them to promote their product and/or business.
- Ice Skating
- Extreme sports
This is another list that could go on and on. Share your own story and the tips, tricks and techniques that have helped you achieve your sports goal. Your training schedule, what equipment you use, and places you go for your training (even if it’s done at home).
- Tech support for common issues – smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, laptops, etc.
- Mobile Tech
- Desktop Computers
- Audio – headphones, earbuds, monitors, etc.
- IoT devices – Internet of Things (IoT) – smart refrigerators, smart door locks, smart security systems, etc.
- Wearable Technology – smart jewelry (rings, wristbands, watches, pins, etc), body-mounted (GoPro, etc), smart clothing, wearable medical devices, etc.
The Technology niche is a very broad (and profitable) topic. If you are into technology, there are many sub-niches you can blog about and not have any problem coming up with new content.
- Travel – tips, tricks and hacks for long flights, what to pack and not pack, where to stay, etc
- Traveling for work
- Budget Traveling
- Cultural differences
- Traveling with pets
- Traveling with children
People travel for fun, adventure, work or just to take a quick breather from life. The travel niche is also one the most popular and profitable topics to blog about.
Working for an airlines can give you a great perpective on traveling, the cultural differences and best pratices for people that travel for work.
Camping is a very broad topic area, so you have a blog in the sub-niche about RV’ing, tent, car/SUV, primative, glamping, and festival topics.
- Small/Large spaces
- Hard to use spaces
- Areas – playroom, bathroom, kitchen, pantries, dressers, etc.
- Day-to-Day life – see planners topic
Blog topics to help people organize their home, life, and money is a great idea for a blog. You can make money in this niche by selling digital planners or being an affiliate to Amazon for different products to help them get and keep organized.
With over 150 blog niche ideas, these topics will help you get started on a successful and profitable blog.
If you have an idea for a blog and don’t see it on this list, don’t think that it would not be profitable (or successful). Take some time to do research on it and you may find that it would be.
Remember, hop on over to my step-by-step tutorial on how to start a successful blog to help keep you focused on creating your new blog.
And as always,
I am here to help you:
Create Yours: Step-by-Step
P.S. If you found this article helpful, please save (or like) to your favorite social media site.